Wednesday, September 14, 2011

17. Malai Neram

The radio played malai neram. Again. It was our song. Everytime I hear it, I go back to thinking about the day he called me on his way home from work, in a magical land far far away, so I could hear it playing through his car radio. And I keep thinking about it till someone points out that I'm sitting at my desk with a silly smile on my face.

I wonder if I am allowed to stalk him on facebook. There's not much to do though, since he unfriended me and all. And I said "My ex unfriended me on facebook". That was the first time I'd given our relationship a name. I think he took offense to that. But like the two of us already know, offense is the best form of defense.

I have another teacup in my hand, yes, but I'm somehow unable to sweep up this broken one. Maybe because I never got to use it.

As an aside: it is maalai, meaning evening. Not malai, meaning mountain. Or malaai, meaning milk cream. Although some malaai neram would be nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A lot of water has flowed under the bridge.