Wednesday, August 1, 2012

21. (And now! For something from the archives)

By which I mean "here is something I found written on a piece of paper as I was cleaning my room".

--

Today has been one of those days. Days that make me happy just because. Just to...be.

Ok, so there are those hundred people loved my cookies, the reaffirmation that I'm more than just a student, the fabulous weather and the fact that I now have a free evening to turn up the radio and lounge in a giant chair by the window - yes, they do contribute to this feeling of content. But still. Happy. And. I'm looking at an evening of cold beverages and warm special dinner.

Used to be, that days like these, rare that they were, made me long for someone (or some manys) to share them with. To complete them, in a way. And that took a little bit away from the joys. But not today. Even after I sent someone a text telling them I wished they were here. Especially after that.

Tonight is for me. For me to realize that sometimes, another person is simply another constraint. What if the other person had had a bad day? Wanted to watch a movie instead of listen to IR and ARR? Not care for fresh, handmade pasta? Any and all of those things would take something away from this feeling of peace. Tonight is for me to cherish my solace.

Tonight is for me to acknowledge that I am a selfish and anti social weirdo.  (also known as normal, like everyone else)

No comments: