Tuesday, November 9, 2010

12. There is something about Maragadhavalli alias Mary

"Macha. I lou you man"
"Me too man, me too"
"You mean you lou yourself. Selfish fellow"
"And others apart from you as well"

***********

"Don't you wonder what it feels like, to fall in love with someone; to throw caution to the wind"
"...and pledge affection and commitment with reckless abandon?"
"Look around you! People are diving in headfirst, and all you can do is gingerly put your toes in the water"
"Maybe I am better off dry!"
"Then you don't have the right to whine and complain about dry spells!"

*********

Tell me this, boys, aren't you supposed to be the sex that is freaked out by exclusivity and commitment? Aren't you supposed to want to play the field? Then why does every boy I want to date want me to fall in louwes with him? And in louwes only with him? It didn't used to be like this, boys. Is it because you have grown older now? Do you have some kind of biological clock that is ticking away that we don't know about? Is this what I get for asking gender stereotypes to be broken? Is this what too many Disney movies with extraspecialeffects does to people?

While I try to get to the bottom of this, if anyone of you tells me about soulmates, I will egg your face. If you want to talk about solemates (the shoe sole kinds, not the "you are my wunnandwunly; my sole mate" kind. I don't want to talk about the latter) or molemates (the macham kind, not the vermin kind. Although, I don't mind talking about the latter) on the other hand... grab a chair!

4 comments:

Soin said...

ei write more frequently ya. and the distarbing trend is since orkut and twitter came to be. pour him saraku.free

silk smitha and disco shanti said...

boys want u to louwes them cause they are not boys but balding and waist extending men who cant find any1 to louwe them...!!! especially NRI boys who have promised their ammas and paatis that they will hitch a indian girl who know the difference between mallige puu and winnie the poo..!!!
on a different note...maybe we are all better off dry in a 'wet' country no..!???

Panjamirtham said...

soin: what, i should not date other boys AND buy him sarakka. Romba too much.

ssds: aren't the bald men aiming out of their league then? And malli poo and winnie the poo are different. I know. But ammas and paatis still hate me. I wonder why.

Anonymous said...

Simple supply-demand based answer: there are many more educated, well-earning, world-traveled, decent looking Tam boys of marriageable age now than there are reasonably educated girls. This makes holding on to a girl much more important for guys. Girls have the freedom of choice. Girls are the new guys.