Tuesday, November 23, 2010

13. Boyzone

Suddenly there are too many boys. Turns out, all one needed to do to get a boy, is to say that one wanted a boy. That sounds too good to be true, right? But sometimes, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Anyway. So many boys. Boys who are so far away that even the long arm of the law is not long enough to reach out and hug them. And then boys so near I can practically eat off their plate without too much trouble.

The boys far away want emotional commitment. I don't think I even know what that means. The boys closer want cuddles. That is always welcome. There are boys somewhere in between who are my favorite pillow talkers. Presently, between all these multiple boys, I have one whole boy. A complete boy made up of parts of different boys. (Gross imagery unintended.) That's cool, right? I'm the adjusting types. Not too demanding. I'll take whatever you can offer, kinds. Wait, that makes me sound like a charitable organization. I don't know if I'm cool with the implications of that. Wait. I don't even know what the implications are. Will someone enlighten me?

And amidst all this, there is some kind soul out on the interwebs, who is being my, um, wellwisher and suggesting other blogs to date mine. If you're reading this, I've been trying hard to track you. I need to tell you more about my preferences, not that the work you've done so far is any less than acceptable (Dear prospective date blog, my blog is winking at you); just that I was hoping you could do me some matchmaking favors as well. My blog might be elitist and refuse to date other blogs, but I am certainly not.

As far as the boys in my life presently reading this, I lurve you all, without prejudice. But some more than others. I hope that's cool with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long as you love me more than the others, I'm fine with it.