Monday, May 10, 2010

2. Vodka. And the white boy

What can I say, I love both very much.

Three of the first, and one of the second later, I'm seeing similarities.  You see, like vodka, your average local amru boy manges to deliver the kick. There is romance and deliberate but unfilmy wooing involved. He can be old world charming without being chauvinistic. And he makes you pancakes for dinner. With chocolate chips, mind.

And like vodka, you need additives for some flavor. He may be the Humphrey Bogart that you could swoon for, but he can never be the guy who quotes Goundamani. He maybe able to understand cultural significances of Bharatnaatyam, but he will never understand dappankoothu. After another round of vodka, I realize that even if he can pull off "you had me at hello", he can never - *never*- say vada poche.

And that, pasangala, is why I am coming back to you. Embrace me with open arms and a Vijai paatu, won't you?

3 comments:

Soin said...

the amru boy is vodka. both are worstu. vodka is for cats. and vadaporchse? gethu po.vijay pata? unoda peru surudhi na we can sing yen uchi mandaila suur.will that do?free

aandthirtyeights said...

Naan nadandhaal adhiradi
en pechu saravedi
ennai sutrum kaadhal kodi nee…

Panjamirtham said...

soin: vadaporsche is total gethu. and sadly, my name is not surrdhi

aandthirtyeights: Naaaaaan yaar
jolikkum natchathiram
naaaaaaan unnai
rasikkum muthucharam

yaaravathu lous paata paadungalen?