Tuesday, May 11, 2010

3.

It is too bad that it had to end. You and I were very good. Six years is a long time together. Too bad we only got to spend three of those actually together.

I love the way you talk on stage. I love the way you say "fair enough". I love the way your eyes disappear into horizontal slits when you smile. I love the way you try to pass off Malayalam as Tamil. And I love the fact that you could never say "urulakizhangu" right. Nobody sang "bekaraar karke humein" to me. Ever. Except you. And nobody dared to make fun of my Amman koil red dress. Except you.

If only we had had more time in each others arms. If only you hadn't put your career before me three years ago. If only you didn't put your "duties" before me now. If only you had asked me what kind of house I wanted to build. If only you had asked where I wanted to live. What if I had decided to play it by your terms? What if I hadn't moved away? What if I had been the marrying kind? If. Like you always used to say. If.

It is too bad that it had to end. You and I were very good. Six years is a long time together. Too bad we cannot add more years to that.

3 comments:

Soin said...

there is some reason 6 is quite eveil. as in 666. and amman koil dress?? neenga ramarasi ah? yepdiyo yela figurum indha madhiri pazham pasangala piduchutu apurom polambal.free

buddy said...

amman koil dress!

and looks like 3 vodkas and 1 vellai thol later someone is still being yearned for

Panjamirtham said...

soin: whattodo. pazham pasangal only maating. then kazhandu poying.

@buddy: vodka tends to have that effect, no? *hic*