Wednesday, May 26, 2010

7.

"I’m a baker because brownies attract quality men." said a wise baker once. It is true, you know. I have attracted many a quality boy with my brownie baking skills. You pull out the pan form the oven and they instantly swarm at you like ants. You bring out a big pot of stew, bake up some warm hearty bread and melt some cheese on top, and you have the boy twirled around your fingers like you had your hair when you were initially making eyes at him.

But vodka white boy isn't so particular about food. I don't understand. I think he's wired weird. He likes my particular brand of hummus, though. And root beer floats. So atleast something's right.

But I am officially lost. Without food, I have nothing in my arsenal that will snag a boy. Boys are supposed to like medhu vadai and aloo paratha and warm pies. I had done my research. I even had specific instructions for what to feed your favorite boy on dinner date, and what to feed him when you wake up with said boy in your bed the next morning.

[Disclaimer] Amma, I have never woken up with a boy in my bed. Never. I swear on your rasam podi recipe, I haven't. Except for the numerous cousins with whom I shared the floor during all those summer vacations at paati's house; and they don't count. [End disclaimer]

I don't get to see  vodka for 4 weeks now, after which I am making him dinner. He had better swoon. Although, if he does the dishes, I will forgive him for not being insanely in love with everything chocolate. Instantly.

4 comments:

Soin said...

your research is quite good.we are like medhu vadai and aloo bonda. ponunga on the other hand romba mosum. casatta. my amma remarked to atthai that if a girl can fry cauliflower golden crispy without much oil she will mayakify me. such is my reputation.sigh.free

silk smitha and disco shanti said...

boys also like girls who fry kallekay(ground nuts), put some onions to them and server them on a plate with lime when drinking rum/whisky/brandy no??!

aandthirtyeights said...

silk smitha: no. girls like boys who fry kallekay(ground nuts), put some onions to them and server them on a plate with lime when drinking rum/whisky/brandy.

SRK said...

Can you please share the rasam podi recipe?